Saturday, February 18, 2012

Racing Raindrops

I cannot imagine how many hours of my life I have spent sitting alone in a car. What a waste of time, right? When I think about it, though, it has never once been a waste of my time. Many other things I do are a complete waste of time, but not this. This is like a shower to me. In a way, I do clean myself while here. I clean my mind by clearing it of stress… of my life and its problems. I get quality thinking done, as I do in the shower. While the raindrops race down the window I find myself filling my head with deeper thoughts… thoughts that matter… thoughts that are important. Sitting alone in cars, in any weather, is what gives me much inspiration for what I love: writing. There’s just something great and inspiring about staring out a window and watching the world without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment