Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fashion, Here I Come

Multiple dresses will hang their lonely selves in my closet, showing off their uniqueness and variety. Black tutus will cling to some. Ruffles and lace will decorate the bottoms, the chest area, the back, the shoulders, the sides. There will be dresses that tickle my knees, short party dresses that flaunt my body, and maxi dresses that end at my ankles. Flowery patterns will be scattered across the torso, the skirt. Plain reds and blues and greens will cover my body. Perhaps even yellows and pinks will have appearances. Skin-tight dresses will mix with poofy dresses. Dresses that resemble night gowns will gently drape over my slender figure. I’ll have shirts that are long enough to be considered dresses. Fancy dresses I rarely will be able to wear appropriately will have a reserved place. Blouses will be placed with the easily-wrinkled skirts, with the dresses. Rompers will scatter themselves amongst the dresses as well.

Shirts. I’ll have plaid shirts, black shirts, colored shirts, striped shirts. Logos of bands, some that I don’t even listen to, will be splattered onto my shirts, along with unfamiliar and familiar cartoons. I’ll wear v-necks and crew-necks. Button-up shirts and shirts with zippers. Tank tops, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, cropped shirts. Knit and wool and cotton. Even beneath my clothes, there will be variety.

Plain bras will compete with lacy bras. Polka dots and stripes will transform into flowers. For plain days will be plain colors. Corsets and brassieres. I’ll strut around in sexy thongs. I’ll put on a show for whoever happens to be lucky.

My hair, my makeup, my jewelery, and my nail color will constantly be changing to compliment my outfits. Curly or straight, short or long, up or down. Accessories are key. Sparkles or bold colors. Silver or gold. Bows, in my hair and around my neck. Tuques, berets, and fedoras will keep my head warm.

Blue jeans, red jeans, purple jeans, pink jeans. Black jeans, grey jeans, white jeans. Skinny jeans, boot-cut, flare. Ripped jeans. The pockets will peek through the bottoms of my shorts. Shorts and skirts will take turns being pulled up to my waist; maybe even jeans will have a shot at hugging my waist as well. Tights will hide themselves under skirts and shorts; plain, fishnet, lacy. Leg warmers will provide warmth for my lower legs and be matched with heels or flats.

Boots and booties. Heels and flats. Runners and skate shoes. Sandals and flip-flops. I’ll take a walk in your shoes.

Every style will have a chance. I’ll wear a different outfit everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment