Saturday, February 18, 2012

Life Through a Window

I’m staring at life through a window,
Waiting for it all to crash.
The window is here to help protect me,
Shield me
From the horrors that lie on the other side of this glass.
As I sit here in my cozy glass box, thinking I’m safe
When really I have “Fragile” written all over me,
Life rushes past.
I only am ever able to catch glimpses of what it looks like.
The trees,
The friendly faces,
The muted laughs,
The rapidly-changing weather…
I want to be a part of it,
Whirling around with it,
But I am trapped
Behind this unbreakable window.
I know
My window only wishes to save me from becoming hurt,
But I need to experience for myself
How terrible life truly is
Before I come crawling back
To hide behind this window
And look at life from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment