Saturday, February 18, 2012

Escaping My Nightmares [descriptive version]

Without the need of a
Short, powerful sprint
To give me strength
And steal my air and leave my body shaking,
My knees begin to bend.
Slowly, I let my eyelids close,
Focusing
On envisioning a close-up view
Of the back of my knees.
I see the power surging through my legs,
Collecting in this one area,
Preparing
For
Take off as I bend, then snap my legs straight,
Launching up, up, up,
And everything is a blur
As I speed through the icy air
And stop,
Lightly floating
Above the streetlights,
Above the powerlines,
Peeking over the peaks of trees,
Resisting their pull.
My body creates heat, recovering from the chill of the wind as I
Lift my arms up
And touch the stars with my fingertips,
Laughter bubbling out of me,
The volume much louder away from
The musical noise of a city,
Knowing I have escaped my troubles,
Even if only for one night.
Drifting south with slight fear tingling through my body,
I soar like a bird,
Feeling the air
Splitting to let me through
And hugging my sides as it
Longs to connect once again.
I don’t know where I’m going,
But no matter how far I fly,
I can’t seem to fly away from what causes
My heart to ache and my eyes to leak tears.
I cannot simply
Escape from my nightmares,
Leaving my unsolved problems behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment