Saturday, February 18, 2012

I am here, but no.

I am here, but now I am gone.

Never the one to walk forward
into the crash,
always watching
scenery fly by my eyes.
You can’t touch me you can’t touch me
Nothing can touch me
No one can touch me
anymore.
Walk right through me,
I’m invisible.
Like a ghost.
A ghost of who I once was
Who I could be,
But not who I am.
My mouth moves,
forming words,
but there is nobody to hear me
Listen to me.

What will it matter,
For I am nothing to you
I can see.
Time goes by, I go by.
Who am I? Who was I?
Memories fade.

No worries, though.
No need to worry.
Really.
I’m okay.
I’ll be okay

once I arrive
in the one place
in which I belong.
I just need to dream
For a while,
without interruptions.

Bring me to the place
I have always feared the most,
for it will at last
bring me the peace I desire.

Cold metal can be
what I last feel.
Pools of red can be
what I last see.
Death can be
what I achieve.
So my body may lay in the ground,
Rotting away,
empty,
while my soul is left to wander
and to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment