Saturday, April 30, 2011

NaPoWriMo Poem #28

Three…
I only have three…
Three regrets.

i. Things overwhelmed me,
Panic settled in,
Hope was lost,
And there seemed to be
No other better choice.
Although I knew that
I could not do it right,
And I knew
The consequences of my actions,
I did it anyway
Out of pure
Desperation.
Because of this
I lost the one
I needed
And loved
Most.

ii. Peer pressure is
Underrated.
Some people will do
Anything
To fit in with the rest.
Some others are just
Afraid
To lose people,
So will do what they can
To keep them,
Even if that means losing
A few
Brain cells.

iii. Why couldn’t I
Just say yes?

I got tangled up
In my own
Strings
And caught up
In my own
Game.
I fucked myself over
By trying
To fuck everyone else over.
I put too much on my plate
And dropped it,
Letting everything
Go flying
In every which direction.
I’m scrambling to
Collect it all again,
But some are lost now
For good.

I should have just said yes
And saved myself from such
Disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment