Monday, April 11, 2011

NaPoWriMo Poem #10

Warm water showers down
Upon my head,
Dripping rhythmically off my nose.
Warm water pounds at my back
Before slithering its way
Down my every body part
Until it
Comes in contact with
The tiled floor.
My fingers gently
Brush
Through my thick hair,
Washing out strawberry-scented shampoo.
The movement
Continues
At a slow, steady, trance-like pace
Without my awareness
Of it.
I place my mind elsewhere,
Losing myself
In a tornado
Of stressful thoughts.
As I focus
On the regrets I have
And my inexcusable
Stupidity,
My body reacts angrily.
Gentle fingers
Brushing through my hair
Tense up,
Speed up,
And then direct their force
Towards my skin,
Clawing
With intensity
At pale, flawless innocence.
My teeth search for
Areas inside my mouth
To rip apart;
They’re not satisfied
Until blood threatens
To choke me.

I step out of
A supposed relaxing escape
Covered in
Scratches on the outside
And holes on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment