Sunday, April 3, 2011

NaPoWriMo Poem #2

Time repeats itself.

Everything’s okay
At first;
Faking is easy.
I get ideas
Too easily though…
Ideas form
From the smallest of things,
And grow into the
Perfect, flawless plan;
No action is taken, though.
Little steps
Towards my goal
Are taken;
Cut by cut…
By cut, by cut, by cut…
By slice.
I cover my body
With layers of fear-
Fear that somebody
Will find out my secrets.
When the fear
And the stress
Piles up
And I become overloaded,
I know I have to hide;
I’m too much of a mess
To shield myself
If I expose myself to the public.
So I’ll sleep;
My dreams relieve me
From the reality I live,
And save me
From too-curious persons.
But the loneliness hits hard…
I’m left alone, like I asked,
Even though that’s not what I
Truly wanted.
I realize
That nobody understands…
And I wonder if my departure
Would really even matter
At this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment