Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Taste the Rainbow.

I hadn't seen such colors since I was a young child, perhaps around eight years old. 80 years later, I finally got to see the magnificent colors of the rainbow again. All my memories flooded back to me as i viewed the fading rainbow from the hospital window. This would most likely be the last time I would ever get to see something so beautiful. I was happy though, that of all the possible things to see before I was to die, it was a simple rainbow. I imagined myself sitting there, atop the arc of the rainbow, in the near future. Nobody would be able to see me, but I would be able to see everything and everyone, along with all the beauty of the world.

I remember back when I was eight and I would chase the rainbows, trying to reach the end to receive the pot of gold that was supposedly there. I never once arrived at the end of the rainbow though. I juwst ran, running after something that would forever be just out of reach. Soon, though, maybe I will finally be able to take a look at the end of the rainbow and see if that pot of gold really is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment