Monday, July 19, 2010

The Mirror.

i.
A mirror..
But it's not just any mirror.
Because you can see through it,
You can see into it.
What you see
Isn't just a reflection
Of yourself.
See what you want
As long as it's truth.
Just ask, name,
And it's there,
Future or present.

ii.
"Death of myself."
Gasping for oxygen;
Can't breathe;
But I only swallow salt water.
Throat burns, throat burns,
Eyes sting.
Arms flail in slow motion,
Searching for a grasp on something.
Sinking down, down, down.
Tranquility washes over,
Calmness surrounds,
Watery dreams begin.

iii.
"Me falling in love."
Bright daylight blinds,
Reflecting off the skin of another.
Blonde curls flow,
And a dress ripples gently in the wind.
In my mind,
Angel wings stick out of her back
And a halo floats above her head.
A sly one she is,
With a smirk on her face.
When eye contact is made,
She runs,
And I run after her,
Chasing a dream.

iv.
"A friend in trouble."
Blood oozes, trickles, drips;
Arms, legs, stomach.
A bottle of pills in a trembling hand.
Eyes glare at the reflection in the mirror
And the bottle tilts up slowly.
[My hands stumble to grab the phone and dial a number.]
The phone rings, a pretty song playing.
"H-Hello?"
"Put the bottle down,
I beg of you.
Clean your body
and cover up.
Don't die,
I love you."
Sobbing begins
And a life is saved.

2 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about the guardian angle thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I thought I'd write it out in poem-form.. Although it took me forever to write.

    ReplyDelete