Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm free.

I'm branching off,
I'm breaking away,
Spread my wings and soar through the sky.
I'm free.
No longer a closed door am I;
The door has swung open,
Like a sudden throw of my arms outwards.
Each secret once held inside my safe flees free,
as if a gunshot rose to shoo the flock of birds.
The log is turned over,
Hidden wood bugs scatter each and every direction,
Searching for a place to hide.
Luck has run out,
The spotlight shines,
I succumb to the stage fright too easily.
Frozen,
A beautiful ice sculpture from head to toe.
Uncertainty surrounds,
Warning incoming traffic to steer clear.
Alone,
No sense of belonging,
Help seems too far out of a call;
The crowd walks away from the one glued to the floor, crying aloud for a savior.
Left alone for too long in the wind and the rain,
Erosion begins to occur;
A slow and effective breakdown.
One more inch and I've fallen off the edge,
Deep into the pit,
A pit of no returns.
The expected light appears;
The light of a gentle hand.
Though awkward and uneasy,
It's a hand that suddenly gets a grasp on me,
A hand to guide me through the sea of pain back into the light of true happiness -
A place unknown to a sad young girl like myself.
But the grip on the handlebar loosens
As overwhelming confusion takes a snag,
Snaking itself up my body,
As stress coils itself down.
"Stay calm, don't panic,"
A tender, caring voice whispers.
"This breeze will soon come and whisk you away,
And you'll be a beautiful butterfly again, today."

No comments:

Post a Comment