Thursday, July 14, 2011

Options.

i. The sun beats down,
Shooting rays of warmth and light
Towards me
And reflecting off the
Ocean waters
With hopeful sparkles.

But I imagine something else:
Grey clouds covering the entire sky,
Rapidly billowing to the west
With the strong gusts of wind
That I can’t escape.
The ocean stirs,
And waves crash
Everywhere around me.
Slowly, I bring my body closer
And closer
To the ice-cold salt water;
My soul is already there,
Drowning.
I ignore the fact
That I can no longer feel my body
Because of the cold
And continue walking
Until all I see is black
And the air in my lungs
Has been replaced by water.

And when my dead body
Sifts itself back onto the shore
Of that sandy beach…
And when that young girl
Screams
When she sees it…
And when her mother runs over
And sees it as well…
And when there’s a number of people
Crowded around my body,
Awaiting the arrival of an ambulance…
When I could have gone
Where no one would ever find my body…
Well, what can I say?
I like sandy beaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment