Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wishful Thinking

You make me wish.

On this couch
We lay.
Your body rests
Beside mine
With your legs
Beautifully entangled
With mine.
One hand of yours
Grips mine;
There, I can feel your
Struggle to stay awake.
Gently,
I tickle your sides
With the fingernails
On my free hand.
The light
Slips through the window,
Casting shadows
So that I can barely see you
With the dimness of the room,
Yet I admire you
And your features anyway.
Just above the volume
Of a whisper,
We speak to each other
With pauses
To share kisses.
Somewhere inbetween
Those moments of
Contact between our lips
The words “I love you”
Are spoken;
Not from my mouth though.
I know I cannot
Return those words to you,
For I do not yet feel that way
And don’t approve of lying
About such strong feelings.
So instead I tell you truths
Of how happy I am.

And the more laughs we share,
And the more I look at you,
And the more I hear your voice,
And the closer we get,
The more this feels like a dream…
The more you feel like a simple
Character
From a too-perfect dream.
When will it all crash down upon me?
I hope never.

No comments:

Post a Comment