Monday, June 14, 2010

Hidden.

No, I’m not here anymore, not really.
I’m only hiding in the shadows,
Whispering and watching.
I’ll be that voice in your head,
I’ll be that little swirl of wind,
I’ll be there;
You just won’t see me.
Maybe if I hide long enough, I’ll be forgotten.
It will be just like hide and seek.
I’m too good at hiding, and I’m too easy to forget.
I’m so quiet and so small;
Barely noticeable amongst the screaming crowd.
Once forgotten and left behind, I’ll crawl out
And take a look around before walking the other way
No one will see me,
And I’ll be free;
Free and forgotten.
I may get lonely every now and again,
But what’s that matter?
I’ll get through it.
You’ll move on,
And I’ll watch you stumble through the stages.
I won’t let my guilt wash over me.
I can just stuff it in my pocket and
Hope that it only shows a little bit,
If any at all.
Trying to stuff a thick bandana
In a skin-tight,
Tiny pocket
Doesn’t always work out well.
It’s going to be such a struggle to not voice myself;
I’ll need to tape my mouth shut with duct tape
And clamp my hands overtop,
Just to make sure.
A spy blowing his cover ends in a disaster,
Unless he’s a ninja too.

No comments:

Post a Comment